Concept : As a result of globalization a lot of companies extended their operations to different parts of the globe outside of their “home base”. It is common for the national companies to have suppliers and/or customers abroad. Today it is just normal to have interactions with people from different cultures on a daily basis. Though how good are you to leverage all the opportunities presented by those multicultural environments ? (or at least) Can you avoid any misunderstandings ?
In these 2 sessions participants will learn the basic concepts around what are the cultural differences, if we can understand/measure them, how can we utilize those differences in multicultural teams. It is designed to be an experience sharing opportunity among participants by help of break-outs and exercises.
Duration : 2 half day sessions, can be done in 1 or 2 days
Target group : Anyone who is working in an international company, or starting to work/live in a multicultural environment, recommended for those who are in leadership roles of multicultural teams
Format : Theory combined with interactive discussions and exercises to practice methods & tools.
SESSION I: Intercultural Awareness
- What is “culture”? Traditional vs. Modern definitions
- What are the cultural differences?
- High context – Low context
- Importance of Past-Today-Future
- Can we understand / measure those differences?
- Role of time (mono vs. polychrone)
- Hofstede’s 6D model (Power distance – Individualism – Masculinity – Uncertainty avoidance…)
SESSION II: Leading (or surviving) a Multicultural Team
- Seeing similarities & leveraging differences
Certification : At the end of each training participants will receive a printed Certificate of Attendance.